We are seeking a talented PhD student to join our team and experimentaly investigate the electro-optical properties of 2D heterostructures and organic semiconductors. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in solid state physics and intuition to perform experimental research. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and implementing advanced techniques for characterizing the properties of these materials, as well as for designing and conducting experiments to gain deeper insights into their behavior. The candidate will learn how to prepare 2D heterostructures including organic semiconductors and study their applicability by preparing novel electronic components, organic thin film transistors, photodetectors, organic solar cells, memory components, energy-harvesting components, and bio-mimetic components e.g. biosensors. The selected candidate will be immediately employed and involved in the experimental research in Laboratory for Organic Matter Physics.
- Preparation of 2D heterostructures including organic semiconductors;
- Develop and implement advanced techniques for characterizing the electro-optical properties of 2D heterostructures;
- Design and conduct experiments to investigate the behavior of these materials under different conditions;
- Analyse data and interpret results to gain insights into the fundamental properties of these materials;
- Collaborate with other researchers to advance our understanding of 2D heterostructures and their potential applications;
- Publish research findings in leading scientific journals and present work at national and international conferences.
For more check this link: https://www.ung.si/en/news/news/6563/assistant-young-researcher-mf/